Aria Poker Room

Share stories about the Las Vegas poker scene...the world's capital of poker.

PokerAtlas
All Vegas Poker

Aria Poker Room

Postby PokerAtlas » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:38 pm

This thread is for general discussion/chat about the Aria Poker Room.

photoc
Sushi Master

Re: Aria Poker Room (City Center)

Postby photoc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

mr_railbird
Full House

Postby mr_railbird » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm

This room looks really nice. I think the designs of the tables and chairs is very nice. I am disappointed that the chairs don't look to be adjustable at all. This will kick in after 4-5 hours of play. The lights hanging down give it an old time bar feel. Like those bars with the lamps hanging over the pool tables. The gold cards look pretty cool too. A pretty nice room visually.

I hope that management and dealers are top notch and that their tournament schedule is similar to the Venetian's. Personally, I don't play tournaments much but it seems that good tournament schedules also provide good cash games, which is why I come to play.

I'm surprised that there are no more details coming from the poker room. You would think that they would try to create some poker buzz for the new room by releasing a tournament schedule a few weeks in advance. This might get people talking even more about Aria.
-->Insert random poker cliché here<--

Dmuz75
Full House

Postby Dmuz75 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:41 pm

Unconfirmed rumor is that the high limit private area will be called "Ivey's Room" or Iveys Lounge... Remains to be seen ( if this is even true, though I have heard it from a fairly reliable source) if <Mr. Ivey himself will be showin gup opening night
Please don't blame the dealer because you suck at poker"

Clem2754
Royal Flush

Postby Clem2754 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Interesting article about Aria and James Murren's vision about the area (Note I did not say property). Very different than everything else in Vegas. It will be interesting to see how this room fits into Vegas. Not sure if tournaments drive cash games, but I have a feeling this could be a room that has some higher cash games available.

fatb
Quads

Postby fatb » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 pm

The chairs don't look like they are the greatest..
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/fatbeano

Njuneer
Two Pair

Postby Njuneer » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 pm

Since that image is a rendering I would bet that the real chairs are more of what we are accustomed to at V, Bellagio, Wynn etc. Just my guess.

I would also guess that the tables have padded rails. This rendering looks like the artist drew in solid wood. Comfy.
Scott

"Yes, we're here to have fun, but you know what's not fun? Being ill-prepared." - Hank Hill

NerveEnding
Straight

Postby NerveEnding » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 am

Here is an actual photograph from today's (12/2) Las Vegas Review Journal

The chairs in real life actually look very comfortable, with what appears to be swivelling and height capabilities.

acrtp
One Pair

Postby acrtp » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 am

Wasn't Negraneau the "Poker Ambassador" when Wynn opened. IIRC, he was excited at first but quickly became disappointed b/c none of the other Big Game players would play at Wynn and he missed out on being able to play in the Big Game as long as he was tied to Wynn. I wonder if Ivey has taken that into consideration (if it's true that he's going to be tied to the room).

I also remember that the Grinder had issues over at P-ho.

mauihaole
Binion's Poker Dealer

Postby mauihaole » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:36 am

Nice to see that the chairs will be adjustable and that the tables will have the genesis bravo system

Next

Return to Las Vegas Poker