WSOP satelite questions

Planning a trip to the City of Lights? Discuss and ask questions about the best Vegas hotels, dining, entertainment, nightlife and more.

web67
72offsuit

WSOP satelite questions

Postby web67 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:29 am

Hi all

I love this site!

I am planning a trip to Vegas in late June and will be playing in event #44. My question is regarding WSOP satelites.

From reading other posts, it appears that from winners of satelites earn "lammer" chips that can be used toward any event. (please correct me if I am wrong).

Could someone explain to me the when these satelites start each day, how often they are offered and how long a typical 1 or 2 table satelite lasts? Finally, what the structure of these satelites?

Thanks in advance for this and all the other great information this site provides.

PimpJzH
Ace-high

Re: WSOP satelite questions

Postby PimpJzH » Sat May 12, 2012 9:55 am

They will run 24/7 there is a satellite area next to the cash game area, or at least thats where it was last yr. All of them are 1 table unless you play a mega and i think they're are megas for only a handful of tournaments. Most last 1-1.5 hrs depending on peoples play. Lammers can be used for any event, you can also pretty easily sell them at face value just stand buy the registration area and ask everyone that walks in, shouldnt take long to sell it if thats what you want to do and never sell for below face value ever. Unless its your last day in town and you have 30 min to get to the airport lol

web67
72offsuit

Postby web67 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:52 am

Excellent information,

Thank

BentonBlakeman
AVP Resident Pro & Blogger

Postby BentonBlakeman » Sat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm

I actually wrote my weekly strategy article last week on this exact topic. I think you will find it very helpful in learning what to expect in WSOP satellites.
http://www.allvegaspoker.com/news_detail_555.html
Follow me on Twitter (@BentonBlakeman)
http://www.twitter.com/BentonBlakeman

web67
72offsuit

Postby web67 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Indeed that is a great article. Thanks for the response.

jamesegg
Two Pair

Postby jamesegg » Tue May 22, 2012 11:40 am

Just one other point you can use the lammers to buy into larger buy in sats not sure how it works but i was told this last year by floor staff

Return to Las Vegas Trip Planning