Venetian DSE vs WSOP Circuit

Share stories about the Las Vegas poker scene...the world's capital of poker.

Superstack13
One Pair

Venetian DSE vs WSOP Circuit

Postby Superstack13 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:04 am

Going to Vegas Feb 19th - any thoughts on the WSOP Circuit $365 at Caesars vs the Venetian DSE - $400 events? The structures are similar, but the Venetian gives you 12,000 chips and has 40 min blinds vs 10,000 chips with 30 min blinds. I assume the number of players will be significantly higher at the WSOP Circuit event. Any other advice?

sixsided
One Pair

Re: Venetian DSE vs WSOP Circuit

Postby sixsided » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:12 pm

The Venetian is the better value. I don't think you'll see significantly bigger crowds at the WSOP events. In fact I suspect the DSE will, if only slightly, outdraw them.

somedude
Trips

Re: Venetian DSE vs WSOP Circuit

Postby somedude » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Try and do both if you can. I'm arriving on the 19th Feb for about 4 or 5 days and have a lot crammed in :mrgreen:

Venetian Day 1B 400 NLH on Thu 20th

Venetian Survivor 200 on Fri 21st

WSOP Circuit Event Day 1B 365 on Sat 22nd

The V $400 3-day tourneys (two starting days) are a personal favourite of mine having done them 4 times now. The structure suits me well, and I've made day 2 three times and cashed twice (yes, I bubbled one of 'em 4 away from money).

The V tourneys usually get around 500 runners outside of WSOP (when they often get 1,000+ runners). If you make Day 2 you're playing for the bubble so you can plan your time appropriately knowing you're either out or pretty much cashed. The V runs a stellar tourney and after a couple of "situations" in previous V DSE tourney's the floors have always made the right decision.

WSOP events can be organised chaos in comparison, but it's WSOP. The chance to play in a WSOP event is always pretty sweet and for $365 yes you start at 30 min levels but the blinds start at 25/50, and the levels go up to 40- 50- and even 1 hour levels if you run deep so remember to factor that in - it really rewards those who slog through to the end stages.

Hopefully see you at the tables, GL in Vegas!
I hate it when people actually have the hand that I'm representing.

Return to Las Vegas Poker