Where is the best burger please...

Planning a trip to the City of Lights? Discuss and ask questions about the best Vegas hotels, dining, entertainment, nightlife and more.

zippyboy
AVP IX Co-Champion

Re: Where is the best burger please...

Postby zippyboy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:29 am

fatb wrote:Le Burger Brasserie- Paris(the best)
Burger Bar-Mandalay Bay(very very good)
BLT Burger-Mirage(pretty good)
KGB Burger-Harrah's(good but won't go back)
Stripburger-fashion show mall(best fries ever would go back for them,burgers were just ok)
Fatbuger-Redrock (was ok)

the stuff burgers at Hash house are good but had to eat with a fork,felt like eating meatloaf(it was good but will try something else next time)

I'm late getting to this thread, but if my comments save a tourist from wasting his cash on crappy food, then I'm glad I'm posting.

I've had the Hash House 1 pound burger and it was good, messy but tasty.

I ate at KGB Burger when it first opened with an out-of-state guest. The place was freezing cold. They keep vodka bottles cold in an icebar, and make you sit on aluminum barstools so your feet can't touch the ground, and that aluminum is very cold if you're wearing shorts (and who isn't in summer in LV). The bleu cheese burger was okay though, but got cold quickly due to restaurant atmosphere. At least it was reasonably priced and came with fries, compared to.....

....BLT Burger at Mirage. $14 for just a burger. No fries. Just a plain burger with sparse and wilted veggies and condiments. Even if I were fantastically wealthy, I would recognize that I should go ANYWHERE else and get a better burger.

I've eaten at the Fatburger at Red Rock twice and it sucked both times. Dry, unseasoned and unspectacular, but I paid with comp points. After the first time was so crappy, I asked the second time for it to be cooked medium, and sat there and watched the idiot cook smash all the juices out of my meat with a spatula on the grill even after I told the clerk NOT to do that. Is it their policy, or do they hire morons? Don't risk it.

Mandalay Place's Burger Bar was closed when I went through.

Haven't tried Stripburger at Fashion Show but have heard so many good things locally, I want to. Same with Cheeburger Cheeburger.

In-N-Out is cheap, but it's like a McDonalds kids burger with lettuce, tomato and onion, with hot mayo moisture added. So it's good.

I still think the best burger is Fuddruckers simply due to the self-serve bar. A $6 1/2 pound patty cooked over a flame on a toasted chewy bun like ciabatta. There's one at Orleans. Similar in taste to the BLT burger at Mirage at half the price and all-you-want condiment station.

fatb
Quads

Postby fatb » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:07 am

Zippyboy,from your comments I get the feeling you won't like Stripburger,I only ate there once but ordered my burger medium and it was well done(now by buddy who likes well done burgers loved it,said it was the best)..

you should go back and give the Burger Bar a try or Le Burger Brasserie(at Paris,but i beleive its closer to Bally's in that strip mall that connects the two)I have been to the Burger Bar three times and was great everytime...

I pretty much feel the same way you do about BLT...

KGB... we weren't cold,the burgers were good just didn't like the fact it came in a basket..( I like a plate)

I won't ga back to fatburger again either (just too many better places in town)I do want to try In-n-Out burger( I think u just have to rememeber you are eating at a fastfood joint and not to expect too much)

I also want to try Fuddruckers, and Cheeseburger Cheeseburger..
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/fatbeano

JayCbee
One Pair

Postby JayCbee » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 am

Just caught up on all the posts...many thanks. I land at 3pm so I believe a chilli dog downtown may be on the cards that evening... roll on the next 3 weeks.. :D

fatb
Quads

Postby fatb » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:15 pm

if your going to be there sat Nov 12th then u must check this out..HERE

You should fine a great hamburger,and cheesesteak,not sure about a chili dog...
Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/fatbeano

Sauza
Flush

Postby Sauza » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 pm

You said you''re staying downtown, so take a peek at Heart Attack Grill on Freemont.

Only in America. :)

JonFriedberg
AVP President

Postby JonFriedberg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 pm

LOL at the Heart Attack Grill. "Over 350 lbs eats free". Only in america is right. Unique concept (calling attention to the heart attack aspect), but not something that especially appeals to me. Would be a fun prop-bet to guess the over/under on weight gain after eating there every day for a month!
My Twitter: @JonFriedberg
AVP's Twitter: @AVPoker
Facebook.com/AllVegasPoker

Sauza
Flush

Postby Sauza » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:07 am

Actually, I plan to check out the Heart Attack Grill a bit later this week (in town 9th-12th). I'll just do a single by-pass.......... and check out the nurses. ;)

robvegaspoker
Full House

Postby robvegaspoker » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:05 pm

The best burger in Vegas used to be Terrible Mike's at Orleans and Gold Coast. Sadly, the one at GC closed long ago and they closed the one at Orleans when they put the Fuddruckers in. Fuddruckers is good, and it has the condiments bar like Terrible Mike's did, but it doesn't match Terrible Mike's.

The good thing about Fuddrucker's is they will cook it rare if you want and that's the only way to eat a burger as far as I'm concerned. They also have great onion rings and even a nice sized side salad at a reasonable price if you want to eat something healthy with your burger!

Based on some of the comments I've seen on Yelp, I would be real wary of Heart Attack Grill, although the concept does totally amuse me.
Tales of poker and Vegas are at http://robvegaspoker.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/Robvegaspoker

turdferguson
Trips

Postby turdferguson » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Here are my on-strip burger thoughts,

1)Burger Bar (Mandalay) - Easily the best burgers on the strip. They are happy to cook your burger rare or not at all if that is how you like it.
The key is the perigord black truffle sauce. You can get it on the side and it really takes burgers to a whole new level.
They have many fantastic burgers, and building your own is great too.
The fries and onion rings are also excellent.
I go here at least once a trip.

2)Le Burger Brasserie (Bally's/Paris Walkway)
Also very good, but a bit lower than Burger Bar. Have had 4-5 burgers here, with the best ones being the chicken breast with brie and the lamb burger.
They will also cook it however you like.

3)KGB (Harrah's)
I had heard a lot of poor reviews about this place, but figured I'd try it for myself. I was very happy with my chicken and avocado burger, and would return.

Others I have not tried include: BLT (Mirage), In N Out, Fuddruckers, Fukuburger, and many more.

All I can say is don't miss out on Burger Bar.

Cheers,

TF

zippyboy
AVP IX Co-Champion

Postby zippyboy » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:48 pm

turdferguson wrote: Have had 4-5 burgers here, with the best ones being the chicken breast with brie ...

I was very happy with my chicken and avocado burger, and would return

Chicken??? This is a thread about burgers, dude!

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Trip Planning