LUXOR's HIGH-HAND HYSTERIA Top Alternative to FreeRoll Craze

Discuss anything and everything related to playing live poker, including home games.

Robbydog
Flush

LUXOR's HIGH-HAND HYSTERIA Top Alternative to FreeRoll Craze

Postby Robbydog » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:35 am

Spent an evening (Wed. 1/11/2012) playing at the LUXOR... "Last Night". And it was Great. Saw a guy right next to me in the SIX Seat get Four ACES and he won a Promotional Jackpot of $400. The next person who gets four ACES will be receiving $599. But that's as high as it gets, and then it keeps revolving back to $50, $100, $200, $400, $599, and so on over & over & over with no resets.

Each QUAD revolves in its own Revolutions. Before I left the Place I wrote them down. Aces are next set to pay $599 as I just stated. Kings will be $400. Queens will be $50. Jacks will be $599. Tens will be $50. Nines will be $400. Eights will be $400. Sevens will be $200. Sixes will be $400. Fives will be $200. Fours will be $200. Threes will be $100. Two's will be $400.

Also, Royal Flushes Revolve althought they are Much Higher.
Straight Flushes also Revolve a little higher that the Quads.

It Really is a Breath Of Fresh Air sort of say to have a Place That sports such a fantastic promotion. I had been looking for a place recently that handles promotions that are favorable to the CASH PLAYERS Like Me. I don't really like Tournaments and I'm getting too old to believe I'm going to get the Bad-Beat Jackpots and things like that... because I've never gotten or won a bad beat or a Free-Roll in my entire life. So its a wonderful alternative... I can actually get some nice promotional payoffs with my frequet play at the LUXOR. I just want to tell other about it who may not know they have that choice.

Would appreciate any news others may have of Recent Activity I may not currently know about as well. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

voltron12
Straight

Re: LUXOR's HIGH-HAND HYSTERIA Top Alternative to FreeRoll C

Postby voltron12 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 am

Is it just me, or does it seem like I have read the same post from this guy in a ton of differernt threads. And it is promoting a sub par promotion or room most of the time. We get it, you like the luxor and the mandalay bay. Every post you make reminds of my cousin that called me and told me the Pete and repeat joke, and went on, and on, and on, and on.

I am all about people posting special promotions going on and at what room they are at, but posting the same thing in a bunch of different places is beyond annoying. Especially when it is always a short story long. At least you found out how to not put the whole story in one paragraph.

harbak
One Pair

Postby harbak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:41 am

so u get quads what? every 2500 hands( this is probably low) ? ish? at 30 hands per hour u r looking at a payout on quads every 80 hours so I dont see this as being much value so unless you catch the high end jackpot this ends up a couple bucks an hour at best, so not much of a great deal I would say.

zzyzx
Straight

Postby zzyzx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 pm

harbak wrote:so u get quads what? every 2500 hands( this is probably low) ?

it's much higher, don't forget you need to first have a pocket pair,
then hit quads by the river.

Robbydog wrote: I had been looking for a place recently that handles promotions that are favorable to the CASH PLAYERS Like Me.

you need to keep looking, you won't find a statistician alive who
will support your claim.

harbak
One Pair

Postby harbak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:06 pm

i took 16 to 1 for pp
7 to 1 to flop set
and multiplied that by 24 to 1, odds of catching a 1 outer and got somewher in the 2500+ range of hands, however, u dont get to the river every hand so it is quite rarer than that even.

apollo
Quads

Postby apollo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 pm

Google says you'll get quads in 7 cards every 595 hands. There are C(7,4) = 35 ways to get quads (two in hand, first board card, second board card would be one way; two in hand, first board card, third board card would be one way; etc.) Of those 35 ways to get quads, 10 put a pocket pair in your hand. The other 25 have trips on the board, or quads on the board, and one or zero in your hand. So it appears about every 595*35/10 = 2083 hands, if you play all pocket pairs to the river, you'll end up with quads. (Maybe... I'm probably forgetting something but my number is coming out close to harbak's who estimates it in a reasonable and completely different way.)

Since you won't play all pocket pairs to the river, 2500:1 isn't far off the actual number. Depends on the game, depends on the player.

As PS stated in another thread and zzyzx says above, HHJ's are very fair to all players. Which means they are not the best promo for a Vegas local. Vegas locals should want all the money to go to things like monthly freerolls that tourists have a very hard time qualifying for. So if you have a choice between playing a monthly or quarterly freeroll, or a HHJ-only place, the greater EV is the freeroll.

And the complaints that freerolls are all luck should be a GOOD thing for a person who claims they don't know how to play tournaments--if it's all luck, it's as good as a drawing. So Robby should be rushing to play in rooms with freerolls to maximize his jackpot EV.

Saying all that, I'm really not all that fond of freerolls myself. I'd rather just get a rakeback check, thank you very much. Why make me sit down and play a tournament? That just takes away from my cash game playing time. If I devote 15 hours a week to poker, I really don't want 5 of those hours devoted to doing a weekly freeroll. Just gimme my fair share of the money and I'll go play some more cash games in your room and give you more rake.

talon1964
Straight Flush

Location: GVR floor, previously worked at TI and the WSOP in the summer.

Postby talon1964 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm

voltron12 wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem like I have read the same post from this guy in a ton of differernt threads. And it is promoting a sub par promotion or room most of the time. We get it, you like the luxor and the mandalay bay. Every post you make reminds of my cousin that called me and told me the Pete and repeat joke, and went on, and on, and on, and on.

I am all about people posting special promotions going on and at what room they are at, but posting the same thing in a bunch of different places is beyond annoying. Especially when it is always a short story long. At least you found out how to not put the whole story in one paragraph.

+1...enough already...we get it, you like the south end of the strip...great, good luck to you....
Views expressed are my own and not those of Green Valley Ranch, the WSOP, or AVP.

zzyzx
Straight

Postby zzyzx » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:25 pm

apollo wrote: I'm probably forgetting something but my number is coming out close to harbak's who estimates it in a reasonable and completely different way

maybe i'm missing something, but doesn't
the order of the cards matter here. you must take into account the
first probability of getting the pocket pair.

JonFriedberg
AVP President

Postby JonFriedberg » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Yea this is as close to spam as it gets, without being 100% spam. But we will start (or continue) removing his posts that keep promoting Luxor / Mandalay. Tough to think that any real poker player is that in love with any certain promotion.
My Twitter: @JonFriedberg
AVP's Twitter: @AVPoker
Facebook.com/AllVegasPoker

Robbydog
Flush

Postby Robbydog » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:03 pm

GREETINGS: Hey, This is Very Interesting. This is the kind of Stuff... I was just going to go out and play, but let me take a second and see if we can estimate this out. GREAT SUBJECT You Guys... NOW WE'RE TALKING REAL POKER.

Okay, I don't think I play 221 hands a day or that would be 13 Pocket Pairs a Day. I think I get about 10 a day.
Okay, that's 300 Pocket Pairs a month. So since I Flop Quads once out of 408 times, that would be about 3/4th's of a time. Oh Boy, I hope that one is a Tierred Bonus where I get $500 EXTRA if I Flop it. Okay, now 300 PP's Times 8.5 equals about 34... (I'll get 34 Sets each Month).

Okay, now I get two more cards, one out of 47 on the Turn and one out of 46 on the River. I just want to make it simple, so let me cheat just a little bit, and I'll say one out of 23 period.

Okay ,34 Take Away 23 still leaves 11 more chances so that's almost a half. So now that's 3/4's of a one, plus 1, plus almost a half...
So Total, that's 2 and a quarter, BUT, Since I cheated a little bit, let's just say TWO !!! So I get 2 a month. Two QUADS, that is... we can't lose sight here, we're not talking apples or oranges. Okay, So say I get paid $270... so that's $540 DOLLARS. ANYWAY, I'd say I GET 2 QUADS a Month.

Now I don't play many hands, but I know I have to Pay the DROP when I WIN Something... Of couse, I know that. But I think I'll hold my own in this kind of environment. I know I'm behind from the Old Days when I Dropped Money at the other Places, but where I never won or got a Bad-Beat Jackpot or a Free-Roll or Flopped a Royal Flush or Anything in my ENTIRE LIFE & I'm 59 and a half years old.

Now, also I'm sure going to have a lot of fun trying to win anyway trying for my Two QUADS... with all the Sets and the (About Eleven) FULL HOUSES I'm going to get as well. Okay, I'm still new to this and I'm going to have a lot more fun talking to all you guys. HEY, THIS IS A GREAT SITE !!! Who Invented this anyway. He was a GENUIS !!! Okay, but I have to go now and Play Some Poker. I'M LOVING IT !!! Yeah, I really like my Places. There's really not that many to talk about. If anybody wants to look at the GOOD Side ot it... It'll be fun to read your posts when I get back. I'm hoping there's some more great places out there. Let's hear it ! And of course, I don't know everything. I'm not saying I do. I don't have that much longer to live... I just want to live it at its fullest. Love having fun here ! This is nothing bad, Okay?

Next

Return to Live Poker General Discussion