This is the Poker Atlas guide to downloading, registering, depositing and playing on WSOP.com.
- Create Account
- Real Money Registration
- Mobile Phone Verification
- Log In
- Verify ID
Click here to download the WSOP.com application. Depending on your browser, you'll be asked to save the application somewhere on your PC. Choose your Downloads folder or the Desktop.
WSOP.com's system requirements:
- Windows XP SP2, Windows vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- An AMD or Intel CPU running at 1.2 GHz or better
- 1 gigabyte of RAM
- 30 megabytes of hard drive space
- A broadband connection to the Internet
- A screen resolution of 1280x800 or higher
Once you've downloaded the application, go to the location you downloaded it to, and double click on the WSOP.com.exe file.
You may see a security warning that asks you if you really want to run the file. Click Run.
First, WSOP.com will download the necessary installation files.
Next, you'll see the WSOP.com Setup Wizard. This will guide you through the installation process. Read through the end-user license agreement, and select I Accept the Agreement. Then, click Next.
On this screen, you can choose whether WSOP.com will create shortcuts. You'll also see a default folder where WSOP.com will be installed. Click Browse to choose a different folder (say, on a secondary hard drive), or click Install to use the default.
WSOP.com will now begin the installation process.
When the process is finished, WSOP.com will launch automatically.
Launch the WSOP.com application by clicking Start, then WSOP.com, or double-clicking the shortcut on your desktop.
You'll see the Login screen. Click New Player? Click Here…
You'll see the first page of the registration screen. Enter your contact information, your username and your password. Verify you are over 21 by selecting I'm over 21 years of age and accept these Terms and Conditions. Click Start Playing.
If you've entered everything correctly, you'll see this screen appear.
Real Money Registration
After logging in to WSOP.com, click the Cashier button for the first time. You'll be taken to the Real Money Registration form. Fill this page out completely, then click Start Playing.
You'll get this verification screen if you entered everything correctly. Click Continue Playing. At the same time, you'll get a text message with information about verifying your location.
Mobile Phone Verification
After you're registered on WSOP.com, you'll need to verify your location using your mobile phone. In general, an aircard or mobile hotspot won't do the trick, as often these devices are registered out of state.
Look for a text message on your mobile phone that says the following:
WSOP LBS Alerts, 2 msg/user. To confirm registration & enable mobile location, reply YES. Reply HELP for help. Msg&Data rates may apply.
Reply YES to the message, and WSOP.com will now be able to tell where you are.
Go back to the WSOP.com login screen. Enter your username and password and click Login.
You'll see the Lobby next. You can see your available balance, tournament tickets, and game choices from this screen. From here, you can deposit money and begin playing.
From the Lobby, click Cashier. If this is your first time, you'll need to enter additional information. See Real Money Registration above.
Click the Deposit tab. Note that cell phone verification must be working for you to deposit money.
On the Deposit screen, you can choose to deposit money via credit card or ACH bank transfer. Choose your payment method on the left, enter your account info and deposit amount, select I Accept the Terms and Conditions, and click Submit.
To withdraw your money from WSOP.com, from the lobby, click Cashier, then Withdraw. You'll have two options: cash out via bank transfer, which transfers the money directly into your bank account, or bank draft, which is mailed to the address you specify.
Click History to see your recent deposit and withdrawal amounts. Choose a start and end date and click Search to see deposit and withdrawal history for those date ranges.
Before withdrawing money, you must verify your identity, depending on the chosen withdrawal method. Click Browse to upload the specific documents requested. Click Add Another for further documents and enter optional comments, then click Upload.
Once you've deposited money, the next step is to find the game you'd like to play. Note that cell phone verification must be working for you to sit down at a table.
- Ring Games are otherwise known as Cash Games. Sit down at a Ring Game by clicking Sit Down, or stand up from the table at any time. There's usually a table limit for the amount of money in chips you can bring to a cash game, and each cash game has stakes, or limits for blinds or bets.
- A Sit and Go is an unscheduled tournament. If enough players sit at a Sit and Go and fill it up, the tournament begins. Play continues until one player is left. Sit and Gos have fixed buy-ins, and payouts vary between Sit and Gos. Click Register to buy in to a Sit and Go.
- Tournaments are scheduled tournaments. Usually, a tournament will begin with multiple tables and will play down to a single winner. You'll be able to sort by date to find the tournament that best fits your schedule. Tournaments have fixed buy ins, though they may allow you rebuy if you bust out, and payouts depend on the size of the tournament. Click Register to buy in to a tournament.
And that's it! If at any time you have questions about using WSOP.com, contact their customer support by clicking the Help menu in the WSOP.com application. Happy gaming!