This would have been a five star poker room if they returned to the operation they had before covid. Covid is over and they have to stop using that as an excuse for how they are operating this room. Several flaws need to be corrected.
1) The most obvious one is to reduce the ridiculously high rake. Absolutely insane and they are taking advantage of their monopoly on poker in the Boston area.
2) Bring back the chip runners or at least allow players to buy chips at the table. Having to run to the cage and wait in the line after you get busted is humiliating.
3) Add more tables. Trying to get a table on a weekend night is horrible.
4) If a player was on the list for three hours and then get called then it more than likely that they are no longer here. No need to wait 5 minutes before calling the next person on the list. It takes 30 minutes to call five name who are most likely not here.
5) Have a separate tournament area. For sure the Sunday tournament is going to bring in a large number of people. Taking away cash tables for a tournament is not going to work.
6) Keep the cage on the poker room floor open 24 hours and allow players to cash out chips. Having to run downstairs to cash out is a disgrace.
7) Try to have some pride and try to run a world class poker room. All the penny pinching is just killing the reputation of EBH.
8) Have real high hand jackpots and not this silly promotional chip nonsense.