I played several WSOP Circuit Events January 19-23, and played several cash games in the poker room. I was astonished at how bad the main poker room is. Here is a list of the reasons the poker room is so, so, so bad:
1. Crappy incompetent dealers - slows down the games and makes you worry about getting paid properly when pots are fragmented.
2. All the autoshufflers are broken - and the crappy dealers have to hand shuffle and they are horribly slow and sloppy.
3. The buy-In rules are ridiculous. You can't win much because there is very little money on the tables because they limit buy-ins to very low amounts. It is RIDICULOUS!
4. The local yokels think $200 is a BIG WIN and cash out as quick as they can if they get ahead a few dollars.
5. The games are short handed all the time.
6. The room reeks of cigarette smoke from the casino floor and the heat/air is extreme and always uncomfortable.
7. Its a dirty, grimy poker room. You feel dirty when you leave and have to take a shower when you get back to the hotel.
8. Location - this casino is in the middle of nowhere, many miles from civilization. There is nothing to see and nothing but a long boring ugly drive to get there.
I honestly can't think of a single positive thing to say about this poker room or the Tunica Horseshoe Casino. It's just BAD.